problem:Hi i want to test Keberos Interoperatability with windows and linux

Eswar S eswars at huawei.com
Tue Jan 23 22:13:44 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have the KDC in windows 2003 server.kerberos client I am running at linux
machine. I have added on user in my AD as gssserver . same gssserver account
I am able to login from linux machine. I am getting TGT.But I am not able to
run gss-server sample application.

./gss-server test/linux.gxboss.com at GXBOSS.COM

GSS-API error acquiring credentials: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code
may provide more information

GSS-API error acquiring credentials: No such file or directory

I wanted an environment like sspiclient (gssclient) in windows should
mutually authenticate linux gssserver using same windows KDC.

Can please help me

C:\Program Files\Resource Kit>SETSPN -A test/linux gssserver

Registering ServicePrincipalNames for CN=gssserver,CN=Users,DC=gxboss,DC=com

        test/linux

Updated object

C:\Program Files\Resource Kit>Setspn.exe -L gssserver

Registered ServicePrincipalNames for CN=gssserver,CN=Users,DC=gxboss,DC=com:

    test/linux

    sample/linux.gxboss.com

    host/linux.gxboss.com

    host/linux

    gssserver/gssserver

C:\ktpass>ktpass -out test.keytab -princ test/linux.gxboss.com at GXBOSS.COM
-pass infoseclab  -crypto DES-CBC-CRC -ptype KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL -kvno 9

Key created.

Output keytab to test.keytab:

Keytab version: 0x502

keysize 59 test/linux.gxboss.com at GXBOSS.COM ptype 1 (KRB5_NT_PRINCIPAL) vno
9 et

ype 0x1 (DES-CBC-CRC) keylength 8 (0xc4da9d4591a21c76)

I transferred this key tab file to Linux machine and merged with
/etc/krb5.keytab using ktutil

I am not able to execute gss-server.......... please give a solution , I am
struggling for this problem from so long time.

Thank you

Eswar S

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is