krb5-sync 0.4 released

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 23 23:11:38 EST 2007

I'm pleased to announce release 0.4 of krb5-sync.

krb5-sync is a toolkit for updating passwords and account status from an
MIT Kerberos master KDC to Active Directory and/or an AFS kaserver.  It is
implemented as a patch to kadmind and a plugin module that will push
password changes and selected account flag changes to Active Directory or
to a kaserver at the same time as they are made to the local KDC database.

Changes from previous release:

    The krb5-sync command-line utility now supports taking its actions
    from a file instead of the command-line.  Those queue files can also
    specify changing the password only in Active Directory or only in an
    AFS kaserver.

    The plugin will now queue account status changes and AFS password
    changes if making the change fails or if a change of that type is
    already queued for that account.

    Add a new Perl script, krb5-sync-backend, which supports listing and
    processing the queue and queuing particular changes.

You can download it from:

    <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/krb5-sync/>

Please let me know of any problems or feature requests not already listed
in the TODO file.