proxy for kerberos?

shnukem no-ctrl at hetnet.nl
Wed Mar 8 16:57:52 EST 2006

Hello,

We have a situation where we don't want our user database and passwords on a
remote network. And we only allow 1 system in this remote network to access
our office network that hold our user database and passwords. However, we do
want all the systems in the remote network to be able to authenticate
against our office based KDC

In this situation it's not possible to put a KDC slave server in the remote
network, while this put's our user and password database at risc.

So I was wondering if it is possible to have this 1 system (bastion) at the
remote network that is allowed access to the KDC,  to have this bastion
forward requests to the KDC and act as  a slave KDC

Hope you can send me some pointers on where to find information on how to
set this up.

Regards,
Luc