Solaris 10 Kerberos broken?

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Mon Jan 9 17:00:54 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:25:26AM
> I've done everything in the Sun manuals and cross referenced it with
> the information provided in the Orielly manuals, but still have
> problems getting kadmind to start.

S10 kadmind does work.  I'm betting you have a config problem.  Have you
contacted Sun support?

> Yes i've added all the kadmin/changepw keytab's needed.
>
> This is what I get in my kadmind.log file
>
> Jan 08 20:11:38 icarus kadmind[5897](Error): Cannot initialize GSS-API
> authentication, failing.
> Jan 08 20:11:39 icarus kadmind[5905](Error): Cannot initialize GSS-API
> authentication, failing.
> Jan 08 20:11:39 icarus kadmind[5915](Error): Cannot initialize GSS-API
> authentication, failing.

Admittedly those error messages are vague (there's a bug open and being
worked to address this).  I would guess you don't have the proper
entries in the /etc/krb5/kadm5.keytab.  Either you are missing an entry
or the principal name isn't specified correctly.  Go back through the
S10 docs very carefully and make sure to use fully qualified hostnames
where a hostname is specified as a principal.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.