is that common to use kerberos authentication for SUN iplanet LDAP server?

Wachdorf, Daniel R drwachd at sandia.gov
Thu Sep 1 11:38:19 EDT 2005

You can use Sun's Directory server with non Sun kdc, you just have to
have SEAM (Sun's Kerberos) setup on the director server (ie - it needs
the client libs).  If you have an install on Solaris 9 or 10 I don't
even then you need to install anything - the Kerberos libs are already
there.  (You will have to run the directory server on a Solaris box).
See http://docs.sun.com/source/817-7613/ssl.html

-dan