krb5 on 64bit processor

Morrison, Wayne wayne.morrison at hp.com
Wed May 4 13:59:51 EDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 11:43, prashant sodhiya wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> does any version of MIT kerberos-5 has support for 64 bit processors..

Kerberos on OpenVMS is MIT-based, and has been running on 64-bit processors (Alpha, and more recently, Itanium) for about 5 years.  Our first 64-bit version was based on MIT Kerberos 1.0.5, and only required moderate effort to get running.  Most of that was more related to running on a non-UNIX system than 32 vs. 64 bits.  We also provide libraries for both 32 and 64 bit operation, so you can choose at link time which version you need.

We're in the process of updating to 1.4.1 for our next release.

	Wayne Morrison
	Kerberos Project Leader
	OpenVMS Engineering, HP