krb5 on 64bit processor

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue May 3 21:00:03 EDT 2005

On May 3, 2005, at 19:43, Mike Friedman wrote:
> However, we ran into a problem compiling krb5-1.3.4 on Solaris 8 for
> 64bit, trying to use the recommended 'CFLAGS=-m64' with gcc.  It turned
> out that in src/lib/crypto/aes, there appears to be an error in
> Makefile.in.

Good point.  I'll take a look... nope, still broken.  Though aes-gen is
now only built for "make check", not for a straight "make all".  Just
checked in a fix on the trunk...

(Our Solaris 64-bit testing has been done by configuring with 'CC="cc
-xarch=v9 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D__EXTENSIONS__"' (yuck), not with
CFLAGS, nor with gcc.  Sadly, our gcc installation includes a GNU
linker that chokes on the 64-bit stuff.  I'm building a fresh gcc-4.0
tree now...)

Ken