Viewing/printing tex documents

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon red at MIT.EDU
Sat Mar 26 08:17:20 EST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 10:36:27AM -0800, Mike Friedman wrote:
> I'm quite amenable to reinstalling LaTex, but where can I get it?  I've
> looked at the LaTex project web page, which refers to several other sites,
> but they all appear to contain multiple components and packages and (not
> knowing anything about LaTex myself) I can't tell which I need just to get
> basic LaTex functionality.  And I don't really require all its bells and
> whistles, just the ability to convert .tex files to a more usable format
> (ps or pdf).

Have you tried http://www.sunfreeware.com/download.html#tex ? I'm not sure
you have a choice about all of the bells and whistles, unfortunately.

> I appreciate this.  However, the two files you've posted seem to contain
> only one page each.

Yeah, apparently they don't build right on my machine either. My apologies.
I copied the known good versions from the place I built them the first time
and checked them: http://yiff.mit.edu/kerberos-temp/

I can't help you with your specific problem, though. Sorry. :)

-r.