Kerberos And Sun LDAP Directory Server

Urciolo, Kevin (Mission Systems) Kevin.Urciolo at ngc.com
Tue Mar 15 20:58:22 EST 2005

I am attempting to find information on how the Sun Java Directory Server
5.2 on Solaris 9 and Heimdal on another server can play together.

I have gone through the sun documentation on GSSAPI, and I have to say
that I do not entirely understand what the directory does when you
create GSSAPI identity mappings and such.  Does the Sun Directory Server
5.2 fully support Kerberos with GSSAPI in that it will take a Kerberos
ticket?  Or does it only look into Kerberos when someone authenticates
to the directory?

What does the PADL GSSAPI plugin provide over what the Sun Directory
Server 5.2 on Solaris can do?

Thanks