How to disable server authentication ?

Buozis, Martynas martynas at ti.com
Thu Mar 17 07:22:53 EST 2005

Hello

I am trying to CVS with Kerberos authentication. We use only username
authentication via Kerberos and do not have any server records there. By
default we use Solaris native Kerberos implementation together with PAM
and this works fine. We have specific key in /etc/krb5/krb5.conf to
disable server authentication : verify_ap_req_nofail = false .

For CVS I had to build krb5 1.4 by MIT and now I am looking how to
disable server authentication there as I am getting following error
while using CVS :

cvs [status aborted]: GSSAPI authentication failed: Server not found in
Kerberos database

Any advises according this matter ? Thanks in advance !

With best regards
Martynas