How to associate Kerberos v5 with SMTP and FTP client

KV2 vvk at smartlogic.ru
Fri Mar 4 07:31:22 EST 2005

"Kerberos V5 Installation Guide"  and " Kerberos V5 System
Administrator's Guide" in MIT kerberos distributive covers topics like
that quite clearly.
All I did to get ftp-servers/clients use kerberos authentication  is
replacing ftpd and ftp with their versions  from kerberos distributive
- MIT krb5-1.3.5 in my case. You compile kerberos, install it, fill
/etc/krb5.conf and kdc.conf, create db, adding principals to database,
adding servers in their own keytabs,  change some additional config
files (/etc/inetd.conf in my case), and that's it - it works! ;-)