joining netbsd 1.6.1 (heimdal-0.4e-nb2) to MIT kdc on linux (krb5-1.3.5) error

KV2 vvk at smartlogic.ru
Fri Mar 4 07:17:04 EST 2005

Hello, I get following errors when trying set up kerberos on netbsd
1.6.1 system:
 netb#  kadmin
 kadmin> list princs
 root/admin at SWAMP.RU's Password:
 ---if wrong password given, it prints "get princs: Incorrect
password"and give up,
     if the password matches than kadmin sleep forever on  READ call,
(from ktrace/kdump output)...

 Configuration of realm is simple: main kdc on linux with MIT
krb5-1.3.5, there are some other linux system on net, successfuly
using kerberos in auth to telnet, ftp services, /etc/krb5.conf on
systems are exactly identical.

 Is it version incompability or config error?  What should I do - I
think install mit krb on this system surely help, but is there other
ways, some people told me that heimdal totally compatible with MIT, is
it right?
  I'am almost totally new in using kerberos, any help appreciated.

   Thanks in advance :-)
  Vladimir.