KfW 3.0 problem: identity provider

HM hans at enem.nl
Thu Dec 8 03:57:03 EST 2005

>HM wrote:
>>/
/>/>
/>/> Hello,
/>/>
/>/> Just upgraded to the latest 3.0 version, used 2.x version for many
/>/> months without problems but this one keeps refusing.
/>/> When i click "new credentials" all i get is a message saying:
/>/>
/>/> *Cannot proceed without identity provider*
/>/> There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity provider is
/>/> the component...etc.etc.
/>/>
/>/> Other errors in netidmanager:
/>/> failed to load MITkrb4 and failed to load module MIRkrb5 (DLL not
/>/> correct format).
/>/>
/>/> Tried reinstalling, switching off virus scanners etc. but no success.
/>/> Any idea what's going wrong ?
/>/>
/>/> Thanks,
/>/> Hans
/
>Do you have any other implementations of krb5_32.dll and krbv4w32.dll
>on your machine than the ones distributed with KFW 3.0?
>
>The identity manager has a dependency on the krb5_32.dll because it is
>a Kerberos 5 identity manager.   If you determine why the krb5_32.dll
>cannot be loaded, you will have the answer to your problem.
>
>I ask about other implementations because the versions of krb5_32.dll
>that NRL used to distribute have incompatibilities with the ones
>distributed by MIT.
>
>Jeffrey Altman

Not the case, only ones there are the MIT dll's. I did have the openafs windows client installed but uninstalling
does not make a difference.

Additional message with the dll errors is: The list of version tranlations were empty or did not contain a resource
for the current user or system locale.