KfW 3.0 problem: identity provider

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Thu Dec 8 00:36:02 EST 2005

HM wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just upgraded to the latest 3.0 version, used 2.x version for many
> months without problems but this one keeps refusing.
> When i click "new credentials" all i get is a message saying:
>
> *Cannot proceed without identity provider*
> There is no identity provider currently loaded. The identity provider is
> the component...etc.etc.
>
> Other errors in netidmanager:
> failed to load MITkrb4 and failed to load module MIRkrb5 (DLL not
> correct format).
>
> Tried reinstalling, switching off virus scanners etc. but no success.
> Any idea what's going wrong ?
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Do you have any other implementations of krb5_32.dll and krbv4w32.dll
on your machine than the ones distributed with KFW 3.0?

The identity manager has a dependency on the krb5_32.dll because it is
a Kerberos 5 identity manager.   If you determine why the krb5_32.dll
cannot be loaded, you will have the answer to your problem.

I ask about other implementations because the versions of krb5_32.dll
that NRL used to distribute have incompatibilities with the ones
distributed by MIT.

Jeffrey Altman