KDC policy rejects request while getting initial credentials

Jellbauer Jakob jakob.jellbauer at interhyp.de
Thu Dec 8 11:26:35 EST 2005

Hello List,

when i change the (fully patched 2003 SP1) KDC in krb5.conf to another
(fully patched 2003 SP1 :)  valid domain-controller in our domain i get
:
KDC policy rejects request while getting initial credentials ,  if i do
a "kinit myusername"

I can lock my account through this KDC with kinit , if i type in the
wrong password 3 times, but i dont get a ticket .
My windows colleague dont see anything like this in his logs.

Google returns 3 results :(

http://www.google.de/search?q=%22KDC+policy+rejects+request+while+gettin
g+initial+credentials%22&hl=de&lr=&filter=0

Thanks for your help

Greets Jakob

mailto:jakob.jellbauer at interhyp.de | www.interhyp.de