HP-UX 11i problem (Kerberos version 1.3.5)

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 28 18:37:27 EDT 2004

On Sep 28, 2004, at 18:19, Mike Langas wrote:
> I'm having problems getting the compile to work on HP-UX.  I've looked
> over the
> lists history and it seems like different problems pop up with HP-UX
> with every
> new version.  So far I haven't seen anything for the latest version.

Our not having these build environments to work in probably
contributes. :-(

Check the problems reported with earlier versions; I don't think any
portability issues were fixed in 1.3.5, but I'm pretty sure there were
reports against the earlier versions.

> I get diffent problems depending on which of the following configure
> methods I
> try.  If someone can tell me which of the following is most
> appropriate, I can
> post more specifics about where the process is stopping.

According to our docs, the optional ANSI C compiler with "-Ae" is
probably best.  If that's not working, let us know what the failure
is...

> I've tried:
> ./configure CC=gcc
> ./configure CC='gcc -ansi'
> ./configure CC='gcc -std=c89'
> ./configure CC='/opt/ansic/bin/cc -Ae'
> ./configure CC='/opt/ansic/bin/cc'
>
> Like I've said, most of these methods generate completely different
> errors from
> eachother.  Some die durring the configure step, others die durring
> the make.

Just to check: You did start with a fresh tree, or at least remove
config.cache, between runs with different compilers?

Ken