HP-UX 11i problem (Kerberos version 1.3.5)

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Wed Sep 29 10:10:01 EDT 2004

Mike Langas wrote:

> I'm having problems getting the compile to work on HP-UX.  I've looked over the
> lists history and it seems like different problems pop up with HP-UX with every
> new version.  So far I haven't seen anything for the latest version.
>
> I get diffent problems depending on which of the following configure methods I
> try.  If someone can tell me which of the following is most appropriate, I can
> post more specifics about where the process is stopping.
>
> I've tried:
> ./configure CC=gcc
> ./configure CC='gcc -ansi'
> ./configure CC='gcc -std=c89'
> ./configure CC='/opt/ansic/bin/cc -Ae'
> ./configure CC='/opt/ansic/bin/cc'
>
> Like I've said, most of these methods generate completely different errors from
> eachother.  Some die durring the configure step, others die durring the make.
> Any advice will be appreciated.

We have krb5-1.3.2 built on HP UX 10.20, 11.00, 11.11 and 11.23 on the IA64
I have just started building krb5-1.3.5. and don't expect any differences.

We use gcc 3.3.2 with this environment:

  CC=gcc
  CFLAGS=-O
  LDFLAGS=
  CPPFLAGS=-D__hpux  (plus some local flags too)
  export CC CFLAGS CPPFLAGS LDFLAGS
  ../src/configure --enable-shared --enable-kdc-replay-cache --prefix=/krb5

Note the addition of -D__hpux to the CPPFLAGS.

I have also built OpenAFS for these platorms which uses /opt/ansic/bin/cc.
without proboems. What are the error messages you are getting?