Looking up Kerberos error codes

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Mon Sep 20 18:35:19 EDT 2004

On Monday, September 20, 2004 21:42:21 +0000 Jelmer Vernooij
<jelmer at vernstok.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to get krb5 authentication working together with PostgreSQL, I
> stumbled across a couple of error codes that I can't place.
>
> The PostgreSQL error logs report that krb5_recvauth returns error
> '103' when connecting from one host and '13' when connecting from
> another, but I haven't been able to figure out what those two error
> codes mean.
>
> Where can I lookup these error codes? KRB5PLACEHOLD_103 was the only
> one with value 103 I could find, but it isn't used anywhere in MIT
> Kerberos 1.3.4.
>
> Any ideas on how to debug these kinds of problems?

These sound like system-specific error codes, rather than those generated
by Kerberos.  13 is a common value for EACCES; 103 is going to be more
platform-dependent.

-- Jeffrey T. Hutzelman (N3NHS) <jhutz+ at cmu.edu>
   Sr. Research Systems Programmer