Looking up Kerberos error codes

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at vernstok.nl
Mon Sep 20 18:53:14 EDT 2004

Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 06:35:19PM -0400, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote about 'Re: Looking up Kerberos error codes':

> On Monday, September 20, 2004 21:42:21 +0000 Jelmer Vernooij
> <jelmer at vernstok.nl> wrote:

> >Hi,

> >Trying to get krb5 authentication working together with PostgreSQL, I
> >stumbled across a couple of error codes that I can't place.

> >The PostgreSQL error logs report that krb5_recvauth returns error
> >'103' when connecting from one host and '13' when connecting from
> >another, but I haven't been able to figure out what those two error
> >codes mean.

> >Where can I lookup these error codes? KRB5PLACEHOLD_103 was the only
> >one with value 103 I could find, but it isn't used anywhere in MIT
> >Kerberos 1.3.4.

> >Any ideas on how to debug these kinds of problems?
> These sound like system-specific error codes, rather than those generated
> by Kerberos.  13 is a common value for EACCES; 103 is going to be more
> platform-dependent.
Thank you! After your message, I was able to fix the issue within
a few minutes (krb5.keytab was not owned by the postgresql user). I
had been looking at the wrong place all the time.

I'm not sure what the problem of the other host is (
strerror(103) gives me "Connection aborted by software") but I'm sure
I'll be able to work that out now that I know where to look.

Thanks once again,

Jelmer Vernooij