Missing parms in kdc.conf (FINALLY WORKING)

Mark Sellers contact at reef-rats.com
Sat Nov 27 16:24:31 EST 2004

So chalk this one up to a "Debian-ism".  The problem was that the
Debian install assumes everything that would normally be in
/var/lib/krb5kdc on other platforms is in /etc/krb5kdc.  My config
files were placing the databases in /var, but when I just let it put
the files where it wanted (i.e. /etc/krb5kdc), then it worked fine.

The interesting aspect is that strace (and other mechanisms) all
reported that the krb5.conf and kdc.conf files were being found and
read.

So thanks for the input.  For all of Debian's stengths, this wasn't
one of them ;-(  I'm still not exactly sure why it wouldn't work with
the databases redirected to /var, but I don't have enough "free time"
to UTSL any more than I already have.

Regards,
Mark