Missing parms in kdc.conf

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri Nov 26 12:24:27 EST 2004

>kdb5_util: Required parameters in kdc.conf missing while initializing
>the Kerberos admin interface

Unfortunately, many times with these errors, it's UTSL.

There is only one place where this error is returned.  It's in
lib/kadm5/srv/server_init.c.  Reading this, here is the list of
required parameters:

#define REQUIRED_PARAMS (KADM5_CONFIG_REALM | KADM5_CONFIG_DBNAME | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_ADBNAME | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_ADB_LOCKFILE | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_ENCTYPE | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_FLAGS | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_MAX_LIFE | KADM5_CONFIG_MAX_RLIFE | \
                         KADM5_CONFIG_EXPIRATION | KADM5_CONFIG_ENCTYPES)

Some of thoses have built in defaults.

But I think I see your problem.  You want the kdc.conf in /var/lib/krb5kdc.
(What is /etc/krb5kdc?).  You should be able to use a system call tracer
to see what file it's trying to open.

--Ken