Makefile editting issue

Anderson Luiz Brunozi abrunozi at cpqd.com.br
Mon Nov 22 09:13:40 EST 2004

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to extend kerberos, and now I'm having problems while trying to edit makefiles.
I have already done some C porgramming, but I'm new to editting makefiles.

I'm currently using Kerberos V5 1.3.5.

I have added two files to src/kdc:
src/kdc/kerb_ext.c
src/kdc/kerb_ext.h

The compilation of these files depends on the ECPG (embedded SQL) library.
If I were to compile it as a single file, I would do something like:

> ecpg kerb_ext.pgc
> cc -I/usr/local/pgsql/include -c kerb_ext.c
> cc -o kerb_ext kerb_ext.o -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -lecpg

But, as I need to compile the whole system, then I tryed to change the file src/kdc/Makefile.in, like it's in the end of the message. These changes are kind of a guess, based on other Makefile.in files.

When I try to compile, by executing 'make', I get the following error:

making all in kdc...
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/sam_sm/krb5-src_dev/krb5-1.3.5/compiled/kdc'
Makefile:531: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sam_sm/krb5-src_dev/krb5-1.3.5/compiled/kdc'
make: *** [all-recurse] Error 1

Does anyone know what I have done wrong?
Is there something else I nee to add to that Makefile.in so that the system gets compiled?

It would be nice if I could have the preprocessor command to be executed automatically at the compilation too:
> ecpg kerb_ext.pgc

Thanks for any help,

    Anderson

---------------------------------------
Part of src/kdc/Makefile.in:
---------------------------------------

thisconfigdir=.
myfulldir=kdc
mydir=.
BUILDTOP=$(REL)..
# -DUSE_RCACHE - enable replay cache for KDC
# -DNOCACHE    - disable lookaside cache, which is used to resend previous
#                response to replay (i.e., *don't* define this if you
#                define USE_RCACHE)
# These are now set in configure.in.
DEFINES = # -DNOCACHE
RUN_SETUP = @KRB5_RUN_ENV@
PROG_LIBPATH=-L$(TOPLIBD) $(KRB4_LIBPATH)
PROG_RPATH=$(KRB5_LIBDIR)
FAKEKA=@FAKEKA@

all:: krb5kdc rtest $(FAKEKA)

# DEFINES = -DBACKWARD_COMPAT $(KRB4DEF)

#kerb_ext.c depends on -lecpg
RELDIR=../kdc
STOBJLISTS=OBJS.ST
SHLIB_EXPLIBS=-lecpg
SHLIB_DIRS=-L$(TOPLIBD) -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib

LOCALINCLUDES = @KRB4_INCLUDES@ -I. -I/usr/local/pgsql/include
SRCS= \
	kdc5_err.c \
	$(srcdir)/dispatch.c \