Setting up Kerberos client on AIX with Windows 2000 ActiveDirectory as KDC

Rylance, Sheila Sheila.Rylance at uk.hjheinz.com
Wed May 19 09:53:20 EDT 2004

Hi

I need some help setting up my AIX system as a client to talk to the Active Directory server.

I have downloaded the V5 1.3.3 version of kerberos (krb5-1.3.3-powerpc-ibm-aix4.3.3.0.tar) which I have untarred on the machine.

I have created a krb5.conf in the /etc directory.  I have applied the keytab supplied to me to a file called /etc/krb5.keytab.

I haven't performed any other installation/configuration steps.  Am I missing any?

When I run 'kinit' I just get the message 'kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials'

Can you tell me why this is happening and whether I need to configure anything else.  Do I need any daemons running?

Kind regards

Sheila Rylance
IBM Global Services
On behalf of E.I.S., H.J. Heinz, Kitt Green.
Tel      : 01942 624417
Mobile : 07739 876777

 <<ole0.bmp>>

This email is not intended to create a contract or an offer of acceptance or other legally binding commitment, unless that is expressly stated to be the case in the email. If the email does expressly state that a contract is created, then any contract for sale of goods will (unless expressly stated otherwise) be subject to the relevant H.J. Heinz's Standard Conditions of Sale applicable to that type of goods which are set out at www.heinzcustomers.co.uk

This email and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient.  They may contain material protected by legal professional or other privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this email or its attachments.  Although this email and its attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any loss or damage arising from receipt or use thereof.

hjdisclaimer