Kerberizing a non-kerbized Telnet client

Andrew Burkhardt andrewburkhardt at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 15:07:58 EDT 2004

Hello,

   I have set up a test Windows 2003 Domain/KDC.  I have Windows 2000 Pro
boxes as clients and Red Hat linux boxes providing services (Telnet, FTP).
I can log into a Windows 2000 Pro box and use Ktelnet for Windows to
successfully telnet into a linux box using Kerberos authentication.  So
basically the realm is setup correctly, everything is working fine.  The
problem is, we use a non-kerberized telnet client in the field and are
highly dependent on it (meaning we can not switch clients and fyi, there are
no kerberized upgrades).  Is there any way to "wrap" a non-kerberized telnet
client so that it will act kerberized?  We do not have access to the client
source code.  I have had no luck "googling" this, and was wondering if
anyone had suggestions.  Thanks,
Andy