Kerberizing a non-kerberized telnet client

Burkhardt, Andrew Andrew.Burkhardt at PEC.com
Thu May 13 15:38:57 EDT 2004

Hi,

  We have setup a test Windows Server 2003 Domain/KDC.  We have a Windows
2000 Professional computer using the kerberized Ktelnet client, connecting
to a Red Hat 9 Linux box running kerberized telnetd, and successfully
authenticating using Kerberos.  Basically, everything is running correctly
in the environment.  The problem is we use a non-kerberized telnet client in
the field.  We are heavily dependant on this client, meaning we can not
change clients and fyi, there are no kerberized upgrade for this client.  Is
there a way to "wrap" a non-kerberized telnet client so it will use kerberos
authentication?  Has anyone had any experience with this problem?  I am
looking for any suggestions. Many thanks!

Andy