want kerberos 1.3.x for Solaris

Will Fiveash william.fiveash at sun.com
Mon Jun 28 15:54:09 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:59:02AM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Solaris 9 comes with MIT-kerberos 1.2.5 integrated into the system. For
> authentication against Windows AD we need a kerberos version > 1.3.

Solaris 9 comes with a Solaris specific version based on MIT kerberos
version 1.2.1.

> Is there any package which can replace the solaris kerberos with a 1.3
> based version, without relinking all clients shipped with solaris that
> use kerberos?

I think you have three choices: 1. upgrade to Solaris 10 when that's
available, 2. install MIT kerberos and use their kerberos utilities or
3. contact your Sun service provider and request this support in Solaris
9.

> Does anyone know, if solaris 10 will have an 1.3 based kerberos
> integrated?

I assume you want Kerberos TCP support.  This is in Solaris 10 (amongst
a variety of enhancements).

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.