kerbers + secure crt + xp

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Jan 5 12:11:41 EST 2004

junaid bhimani wrote:

> I am trying to authenticate through secure crt using gssapi provided by
> kerberos. Kerberos 5 server is unix based. Client is windows xp. I can run
> kinit, klist and kdestroy successfully. But when connecting to server
> through secure crt, I am getting "no more authentication method available".
> Any or all help is highly appreciated.

What version of SecureCRT are you using?

SecureCRT 4.1 can use either the MIT gssapi32.dll or can use the the MS ticket
cache if you logon to the workstation using a MS Domain. You need to set the
authentication method to be used.
See   http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/index.html

For it to find the gssapi32.dll, it must be in the path. I am using
the Windows compiled version of the MIT Kerberos. I don't know if
it can use the Cygwin compiled version as implied in you other note.

You problem might also be the sshd server is not accepting GSSAPI authentication.
What version of the SSH are you using?

With SecureCRT, under File, click on Trace Options  before making a connection
to see the SSH options being used.

You might also want to contact the SecureCRT people as well.