kerbers + secure crt + xp

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Sat Jan 3 12:17:44 EST 2004

In order to use GSSAPI-Kerberos 5 as an external-keyx or authentication
method both the SSH client and SSH server must contain support for the
methods and they must be enabled.  It is not clear from your postings
that the clients and servers support the GSSAPI extensions.

Second, on Windows it is important that the applications you are using
share the same credentials cache that kinit uses to store the
credentials.  You have not stated which Kerberos you are using on
Windows.  Is it:

  * MIT Kerberos for Windows 2.5 (provides a shared in memory cache)
  * MIT Kerberos 5 built with cygwin (uses a file cache)
  * Microsoft's Kerberos LSA (you can't use kinit with this)

Your application must support the same cache as the mechanism used to
obtain the tickets.  Kermit 95 is one application which supports
SSH GSSAPI Kebreros 5 which I know works with MIT Kerberos for Windows.
I have no idea about Secure CRT.

Jeffrey Altman