new kerberos5 1.3.1 possible config problems

Jacob Williams jacob at zenmaedia.com
Sat Jan 3 22:26:48 EST 2004

I'm trying to set up kerberos on a new box using red hat 9 and kerberos5
1.3.1.

I've gotten it compiled and installed but I cannot correctly access the
service.  I've been hunting for a couple of days trying to find an answer
that can help me but so far haven't found anything.

When I try to use the service in any way (even just using kinit) i get the
response of
kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial
credentials
and I cannot work out what this means or what I need to do to fix it.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some information about this error
and what I can do to fix my problem.

thanks.