Kerberos configuration file

Matthias Haslbeck Matthias.Haslbeck at nkk.de
Thu Feb 26 03:45:36 EST 2004

I'm trying to configure Kerberos for use with Oracle9i Database
through ASO (Advanced Security Option) and Windows 2000 Server with
Active Directory.
When trying to get the initial ticket with the okinit utility there's
always the error message: "Improper format of configuration file". So
i reviewed my krb5.conf file a few times but i can't find the mistake.
Here's the content of the file:

[libdefaults]
default_realm=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL
[realms]
nkk-1gje43lrh5h.mycompany.local={kdc=mycompany.local}
[domain_realm]
.mycompany.local=MYCOMPANY.LOCAL

"mycompany.local" is the domain of my network and should be the realm
of the KDC. "nkk-1gje43lrh5h" is the name of my server which hosts the
Active Directory.

Please tell me what's wrong!