Kerberos error 52 (0x34) when using kinit

Wells, Bruce Bruce.Wells at citadelgroup.com
Thu Dec 9 18:06:54 EST 2004

Hello All,
I'm getting the above error when I try to get the initial ticket
using kinit. The KDC is Windows 2003 and the client is running
on linux. My understanding of kerberos and the KDC in particular
is that if the KDC can't send the response back via UDP it will switch
over to TCP. My question is this: Does the client need to
programmactically
take an action if it recieves this error or will this be taken care of
"under
the hood"? Also the client side (linux), is there a way to force the
communication
to occur using TCP?

TIA,
Bruce E. Wells

-------------------------
-------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY NOTICE

This e-mail contains information that may be confidential and
proprietary. It is to be read and used solely by the intended
recipient(s).
Citadel and its affiliates retain all proprietary rights they may have
in the
information. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify us
immediately either by reply e-mail or by telephone at 312-395-2100
and delete this e-mail (including any attachments hereto) immediately
without reading, disseminating, distributing or copying. We cannot give
any assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code. Citadel reserves the right to monitor, intercept
and block all communications involving its computer systems.