Samba PDC and Kerberos

David "3oz" Sonenberg pip_prime at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 8 15:19:40 EST 2004

At my new job they are looking to implement a domain
controller into the environment. In the future they
were looking to add kerberos, to provide additional
security and provide a single login on windows and
unix. In addition they currently have an AFS system(no
kerberos) in place. They have three offices that are
connected via T1 vpn tunnels. Each location is on a
different subnet. The company deals with a lot of
confidential data and security is of the highest
importance.

Now with all that said, I thought that if I'm going to
create the Samba PDC it would make sense to put the
kereberos server in now. Is there a way to integrate
kerberos into a samba PDC where the token gets passed
to the client?  All the windows clients will be
Windows 2000 or higher.

Has anyone tried anything similar? Any suggestions?