Samba PDC and Kerberos

JDSalchow JDSalchow at web.de
Thu Dec 9 13:22:44 EST 2004

samba 3 is not able to be pdc in an ad(ldap+kerberos) domain. samba 4
will be able, but it is in an pre alpha phase and a beta release is
espected for 4q2k5. but you could build a m$ ad pdc and establishing a
cross domain trust. samba 3 is able to be domain member server in an ad
domain. i have the same problem in my school, we decided to build a
samba 3(nt4) pdc with ldap backend, it is not realy good usuable(only
one person writes in the ldap directory for having consistent data).

mfg JDSalchow