Problems using kerberos with ssh.

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Thu Aug 26 19:48:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 18:01 +0000, wrote:
> What should i have to do to make it work?
> Will i have to install more packages?( i saw some people saying to use
> afs)
> Anyone here have ssh + kerberos working in Linux?

Yeah, I do. The problem is that Fedora doesn't ship a Kerberos-enabled
OpenSSH, so you'll have to recompile it from source. That means that you
will also need the krb5-devel package.

You also have to enable GSSAPI authentication in the client
configuration, by adding the option "GSSAPIAuthentication yes" to your
~/.ssh/config. If you want ticket forwarding, you'll also need
"GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes".

Hope it helps.

Fredrik Tolf