Migrating database between architectures: "Stored master key is corrupted"

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Fri Aug 27 14:09:04 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 04:53:28PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> However, kadmind doesn't seem to want to start. The log file contains
> only:
>
>  Aug 26 16:32:34 surya.seekingfire.prv kadmind[6458](info): Seeding random number generator

My mistake. NetBSD on a machine with no real activity rapidly runs out
of entrophy. I ran `rndctl -c -t net && rndctl -e -t net` in order to
enable deriving entrophy from the network and it was able to start
(though it's still a noticable multiple-second delay).

-T

--
"And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports on
 it, you know they are just evil lies."