KFW 2.6.1

Jeffrey Altman jaltman2 at nyc.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 16:17:09 EDT 2004

Dan:

Quoting from the release notes:

	System Requirements
	Operating System

	KfW requires Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003
	or higher.

To disable the request of Kerberos 4 tickets in Leash, access the
Options->Leash Properties... dialog and uncheck the "Request Krb4
credentials"checkbox.

This setting does not affect the command line kinit.exe command.
If you wish to use the command line to only obtain Kerberos 5
tickets you must use the -5 option.  Feel free to file a feature request
at kfw-bugs at mit.edu and I will strive to make this change for the next
release.

As for why you are unable to obtain a KDC from Leash but can from
kinit.exe, I have no idea.  They should both be using the same krb5.ini
file and the same libraries.  Are you sure you have only one version
of KFW on the machine?

Jeffrey Altman