KFW 2.6.1

Dan Million EllEyeOh at ornl.gov
Tue Apr 20 15:14:44 EDT 2004

Hi.  I've run Kerberos on Unix boxes for years, but never on Windows.
Now I have a user who has installed the MIT KFW 2.6.1 and is having
problems.

He wants KRB5 tickets only.  kinit from a command window always fails:

   kinit<v524>: Cannot contact any KDC for requested realm converting
to 	V4 credentials
   kinit<v4>: Can't send request <send_to_kdc>
   Maybe your KDC does not support v4. Try the -5 option next time.

If he uses "kinit -5" it works OK.  This in itself is not a big problem,
but he can't get Leash to work at all.  He gets a popup which says:

   Ticket initialization failed.
   Kerberos 5: Cannot find KDC for the rquested realm (error 154)

We have flipped all kinds of options in the Leash config screens, and it
has not helped.

Is there a simple secret to getting this to work with a KRB5 KDC that we
have overlooked?  We have no interest in KRB4 tickets.  (By the way,
this is on Windows XP, which is not mentioned as being supported in the
release notes.)

Thanks.

Dan