KFW 2.6.1

Dan Million EllEyeOh at ornl.gov
Wed Apr 21 08:54:25 EDT 2004

Jeffrey Altman wrote:
> Dan:
>
> Quoting from the release notes:
>
>     System Requirements
>     Operating System
>
>     KfW requires Windows 95, 98, 98SE, ME, NT 4.0, 2000, XP, 2003
>     or higher.

Yeah, I missed the "XP" first time I looked at this.  Sorry.

> To disable the request of Kerberos 4 tickets in Leash, access the
> Options->Leash Properties... dialog and uncheck the "Request Krb4
> credentials"checkbox.

We tried this, and it still can't get KRB5 tickets.  It acts like it's
doing the same thing as kinit when we don't use the -5 option.

> This setting does not affect the command line kinit.exe command.
> If you wish to use the command line to only obtain Kerberos 5
> tickets you must use the -5 option.  Feel free to file a feature request
> at kfw-bugs at mit.edu and I will strive to make this change for the next
> release.
>
> As for why you are unable to obtain a KDC from Leash but can from
> kinit.exe, I have no idea.  They should both be using the same krb5.ini
> file and the same libraries.  Are you sure you have only one version
> of KFW on the machine?

Yup.  It's a brand new machine and this is the first time we've tried KFW.

Thank you.  I'll keep trying.

Dan