Encrytpion Methods Not Installed

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at columbia.edu
Sun May 25 13:39:56 EDT 2003

Which version of Kermit are you using?

Is it a "crypto" enabled distribution or not?

Jeffrey Altman
Volunteer Kermit Developer

In article <Pine.BSF.4.44.0305221832200.2111-100000 at s1.stradamotorsports.com>,
Jason C. Wells <idontwantspam at anywhere.com> wrote:
: I am using kermit with mit krb for windows.  I can login to klogind -5
: just fine.  When I attempt to login to klogin -5 -e I get:
:
: "Required Encryption methods are not installed"
:
: The KDC logs and the syslog don't say anything more useful.
:
: What does the error mean and what are the "required" encryption methods?
:
: I see docs on available encryption methods, but not what is required for
: an encrypted rlogin.  I thought it would just work, since the login works.
: I hope the problem is obvious to someone on the group.
:
: Thanks in advance,
: Jason
:
:

--
 Jeffrey Altman * Volunteer Developer      Kermit 95 2.1 GUI available now!!!
 The Kermit Project @ Columbia University  SSH, Secure Telnet, Secure FTP, HTTP