Encrytpion Methods Not Installed

Jason C. Wells idontwantspam at anywhere.com
Thu May 22 21:47:29 EDT 2003

I am using kermit with mit krb for windows.  I can login to klogind -5
just fine.  When I attempt to login to klogin -5 -e I get:

"Required Encryption methods are not installed"

The KDC logs and the syslog don't say anything more useful.

What does the error mean and what are the "required" encryption methods?

I see docs on available encryption methods, but not what is required for
an encrypted rlogin.  I thought it would just work, since the login works.
I hope the problem is obvious to someone on the group.

Thanks in advance,
Jason