Help:Kerberos Problem

Wyllys Ingersoll wyllys.ingersoll at sun.com
Thu Mar 13 12:07:42 EST 2003

You don't mention what client you are using, is it
a client that understands how to do secure FTP authentication
like the ftp client in the MIT Kerberos distribution?

If you are not an FTP expert or a Kerberos expert
(as you claim), then you should perhaps read the FTP
protocol specs, in particular RFC 2228, which describes
the security extensions for FTP which allows FTP to use
GSSAPI (and TLS) for secure authentication.

Also, read up on GSS-API - RFC 2743, 2744.

http://www.ietf.org

By the way - the next release of wu-ftpd (2.8) will include
GSS-API  support...

-Wyllys