bad ticket

Donn Cave donn at u.washington.edu
Wed Jul 16 13:49:22 EDT 2003

In article <1514C95E-B79F-11D7-ABBF-000393BC5D3C at laas.fr>,
 jfressar at laas.fr (Jeremy Fressard) wrote:

> I have install kerberos v5 on a solaris9 and i have a problem,
> I create in my krb5.keytab host/kerb.laas.fr at LAAS.FR.
>
> After I install SSH with the kerberos option, but when I try a ssh
> comand it want host/kerb at LAAS.FR, where is my .laas.fr ???
>
> When i create host/kerk at LAAS.FR, that work perfectly.

You'll get kerb.laas.fr where gethostbyaddr() returns that name.
Evidently it doesn't return that name, but you can probably fix
that - you may find that /etc/hosts lists "kerb" as the primary
name for the host.  I think "hostname kerb" should be an adequate
diagnostic, it should show the full name.

> I have a Mac os x 10.2 in front of me and this one get the good ticket
> (host/kerb.laas.fr at LAAS.FR), maybe it have another GSSAPI library which
> work corectly??)

Its hostname lookup is configured correctly, that's all.

   Donn Cave, donn at u.washington.edu