Windows 2000 Server as KDC

Mel Riser mel.riser at fxfn.com
Wed Jul 16 13:54:33 EDT 2003

When you install Active Directory, it installs the TGT server and all necessary ports.

the Win2k KDC has to be the primary, but Linux boxes or other OS's running kerberos can be backups. Replication is the problem though.

an easier solution would be to setup a windows realm for Win2k KDC and a cross realm trust with a linux box in a different realm.

mel