Kerberos V/Heimdal and NFS on recent FreeBSD (4.7/4.8 and 5.0)

O. Hartmann ohartman at edda.physik.uni-mainz.de
Sun Feb 16 08:13:05 EST 2003

Hello.

Does anyone know whether the most recent FreeBSD versions (4.7/8 and 5.0)
support a kerberized NFS server? I want to setup a secured environment
especially securing NFS exports.

I am relatively new to Kerberos, especially Kerberos 5/Heimdal so I didn't
find appropriate stuff in the man pages nor in webresources. Maybe this task
is too trivial to be explained - or it is not possible/implemented in FBSD
anyway.

Some comments would be appreciated ...

Thanks a lot in advance,
Oliver

MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman at klima.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institutes fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinenraum)