Kerberos and DNS

bacolod@hushmail.com bacolod at hushmail.com
Sun Feb 16 21:32:29 EST 2003

I have a KDC (KDC1) a UNIX host / Kerberos client (H1) and a dozen ATM switches (C1-C12) that will be terminating Kerberized telnet sessions (no ssh support).  I am wondering exactly which DNS lookups will need to be performed by which devices (KDC1, C1-C12) in the following scenarios:

Logon to H1, request tgt then k-telnet to each of C1-C12
(I'm thinking H1 needs to be able to resolve the KDC and C1-C12 and the KDC needs to be able to resolve H1 and C1-C12)

k-telnet from C1 to C2
(I'm thinking C1 and C2 need to be able to resolve each other and the KDC needs to be able to resolve C1 and C2)

Thanks.

-bacolod

Big $$$ to be made with the HushMail Affiliate Program: