Problem with KDC on Windows and kerberos client on redhat-linux-9

Murugan s_ramanujano at yahoo.co.in
Wed Dec 10 03:34:09 EST 2003

Once I installed both KDC and client  on redhat
linux-9 and tested.It worked well.
Then I installed KDC on a windows machine and changed
domain,realm,my host name in configuration files:
/etc/krb5.conf,/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf.
many principal* files were existing as before in
/var/kerberos/krb5kdc directory.

I created principal on windows machine with ktpass
with
options pass/,princ/,ptype/ out/ etc.I copied .keytab
file generated by out/  option of ktpass to
/etc/krb5.keytab file on my redhat9 client machine.
then I ran kadmin -p princ.kadmin

I got error:"kadmin: Client not found in Kerberos
database while initializing kadmin interface"
Can any one help kindly?
B.M.