Problem with KDC on Windows and kerberos client on redhat-linux-9

Rechenberg, Andrew ARechenberg at shermanfinancialgroup.com
Thu Dec 11 08:50:56 EST 2003

Have you read the Windows Kerberos Interop doc? :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/howto/kerbstep.asp

I followed these steps and I could retrieve tickets on a Linux box from
a Windows 2000 KDC and use them against Kerberized services on my Linux
box.

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 03:34, Murugan wrote:
> Once I installed both KDC and client  on redhat
> linux-9 and tested.It worked well.
> Then I installed KDC on a windows machine and changed
> domain,realm,my host name in configuration files:
> /etc/krb5.conf,/var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf.
> many principal* files were existing as before in
> /var/kerberos/krb5kdc directory.
>
> I created principal on windows machine with ktpass
> with
> options pass/,princ/,ptype/ out/ etc.I copied .keytab
> file generated by out/  option of ktpass to
> /etc/krb5.keytab file on my redhat9 client machine.
> then I ran kadmin -p princ.kadmin
>
> I got error:"kadmin: Client not found in Kerberos
> database while initializing kadmin interface"
> Can any one help kindly?
> B.M.

Regards,
Andrew Rechenberg
Infrastructure Team, Sherman Financial Group
513.707.3809