newbie question keytab for client or server

Thomas Schulze sch.y7er at gmx.net
Thu Aug 14 13:55:55 EDT 2003

Hi all,

sorry if this are poor and simple questions..

On my server I have Kerberos V (Heimdal) and OpenLDAP slapd installed.
I exported keys to /etc/krb5.keytab and can access slapd with ldapsearch=
=20
via
GSSAPI/Keberos-Authentication. So far I'm happy ;-)

Now I would like to use another client in the network to connect =20
slapd with kerberos-authentication. My questions are:
- Do I need the /etc/krb5.keytab on each client?=20
- How can I handle security issues -- the keytab-file contains keys for =

different applications and hosts.=20
- Do I have to transmit the keytab file  via sftpd or is there a kerbero=
s=20
tool for that?

Best

Thomas