which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Brian Davidson bdavids1 at gmu.edu
Mon Aug 4 11:46:32 EDT 2003

Why not use nsswitch for authorization?  I'm assuming it's available on
Solaris since Sun developed it (I don't have any Solaris boxes at the
moment).  Basically all password file lookups are redirected to LDAP
via nss_ldap.  It seems to me that authentication is best left to PAM,
while authorization is better handled by a hook into the system calls
that are used for authorization (i.e. what nsswitch does).

Brian