which krb5 PAM module on Solaris 8?

Jason Prondak jprondak at visualmedia.com
Sun Aug 3 22:09:50 EDT 2003

There is also the pam_krb5 module under the PAM project @ sf.net which was
tested heavily under solaris.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pam/ (Check the CVS tree)

The pam module there was the work of Nicolas Williams, Jacques A.
Vidrine, Steve Langasek, Frank Cusack and a little of myself. It was based
on Frank Cusack initial pam_krb5 module. I impertiticulary am using it
under Solaris 2.6 since the vendor supplied pam_krb5 module that was
available at the time was to be desired. :) But the pam_krb5 module now
supplied with Solaris 8 and 9 is a better choice to use now. After filing
a few bug reports and having them fixed, everything is working fine,
eveh the  passwd expiration problems that we had in Solaris 2.6. I
would hands down use the SUN PAM module now. We are in the process of
going to a stock SUN PAM/kerberos client install (minus kadmin of course
). And everything seems to work perfect right now.

As for the ldap stuff. Why not the pam_ldap supplied by SUN?

		--jason